EVO Visian ICL
Experience Visual Freedom
EVO Visian ICL, also called an Implantable Collamer® Lens, is a refractive implant to correct common vision issues like myopia (nearsightedness) with or without astigmatism. Unlike some other vision correction options, the EVO Visian ICL is an additive technology that corrects vision without the removal of any corneal tissue. The EVO Visian ICL is meant to reduce or eliminate the need for glasses and contacts and differs from other refractive solutions in that EVO Visian ICL is removable by your doctor.
EVO Visian ICL is one option for patients looking for an alternative to LASIK. Other options we offer include PRK and natural lens replacement. Learn more about these procedures now!
- Sanders D, Vukich J. Comparison of implantable collamer lens (ICL) and laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis (LASIK) for Low Myopia. Cornea. 2006
- Igarashi A, Kamiya K, Shimizu K, Komatsu M. Visual Performance after implantable Collamer lens implantation and wavefront-guided laser in situ keratomileusis for high myopia. Am J Opthalmol. 2009
- Parkhurst G, Psolka M, Kezirian G. Phakic intraocular lens implantation in United States military warfighters: A retrospective analysis of early clinical outcomes of the Visian ICL. J Refract Surg. 2011;27(7):473-481
- Gimbel H, et al. Management of myopic astigmatism with phakic intraocular lens implantation. Journal of Cataract & Refractive Surgery, Volume 28, Issue 5, 883 – 886.
- Ganesh S, Brar S, Pawar A. Matched population comparison of visual outcomes and patient satisfaction between 3 modalities for the correction of low to moderate myopic astigmatism. Clin Ophthalmol. 2017 Jul 3;11:1253-1263.
- Martinez-Plazs E, Lopez-Miguel A, Lopez-De La Rosa A, et al. Effect of the EVO+ Visian Phakic Implantable Collamer Lens on Visual Performance and Quality of Vision and Life, Am J Ophthalmol 2021;226: 117–125