Professional Societies and Memberships:
Fellow, American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, August, 2001
Board-Certified Ophthalmologist, American Board of Ophthalmology, May, 1999
Fellow, American College of Surgeons (FACS), October, 2002
Member, American Academy of Ophthalmology
Former Board Member, Minnesota Academy of Ophthalmology
Former President, Minneapolis Ophthalmology Society, 2001-2002
Member, American Medical Association
Consultative Roles with Private Industry:
1. Member, Surgical Advisory Board, Sharpoint suture division of Surgical Specialties Corporation. Reading, Pennsylvania. In this role I provide feedback to product developers and recommend needle and suture configurations for their DermaGlide line of ophthalmic plastic suture products.
2. Consultant, Ellman International. New York. As a consultant for Ellman, I write educational articles and perform lectures on a variety of ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive procedures that can be performed with their radiofrequency surgical device.
3. National Training Center, BOTOX Cosmetic division of Allergan pharmaceuticals. Irvine, California. In this role, I provide training to other physicians who are interested in learning how to properly administer BOTOX cosmetic and how to integrate it into their practice.
Additional Medical Affiliations:
1. External Examiner for the Malaysian Board of Ophthalmology, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2002-present.
2. Member, American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ASOPRS) education committee. Saint Louis Park, Minnesota, 2002-present.
3. Member, Medical Advisory Board, Phillips Eye Institute, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 2000-present.
4. Member, Quality Assessment and Improvement Committee, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Miami, Florida, 1995-1997.
5. Ophthalmic surgical assistant, Aloha Medical Mission, Vung Tao and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, November 1993. Over a two-week period, I participated in over 30 oculoplastic surgical cases as a member of this educational exchange and training program.
6. Primary Care Physician, Belau Medical Clinic, Koror, Palau, Micronesia, January 1994. For one month, I provided medical care to the people of Koror as well as the outer islands of the Palauan archipelago.
Editorial Board Memberships:
1. Section Editor for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Current Opinion in Ophthalmology, London, United Kingdom, 2008-present.
2. Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Section Member, Ocular Surgery News, New York, New York, 2002-present.
3. Editorial Board Member, Video Journal of Ophthalmology, O’Fallon, Missouri, 2008-present.
4. Member, Editorial Board, Highlights of Ophthalmology, Miami, Florida, 2004-present.