New Eye Allergy Research Study
Minnesota Eye Consultants, P.A. is conducting a research study for people with eye allergies. The purpose of this study is to compare the effect of BEPREVE™ (bepotastine besilate ophthalmic solution) 1.5% to an artificial tear drop (REFRESH TEARS®) on tear quality in patients with allergic conjunctivitis.
Patients who qualify and choose to enroll will be randomly assigned to receive study medication containing either BEPREVE™ or the placebo (REFRESH TEARS®). There is an equal chance (50% chance, like the flip of a coin) of being assigned to either eye drop. Patients who qualify will be instructed to use study medication in both eyes twice a day.
To be eligible for this research study, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be diagnosed with allergic conjunctivitis
- Have documented positive skin prick puncture test to at least one (1) seasonal allergen (e.g., grasses, trees, weeds, or other allergens) within two (2) years of your first study visit
- Be willing and able to follow study instructions
- Be willing and able to complete 3 study visits over a period of 2 months
- NOT have a history of alcohol or drug abuse within the past 6 months
- NOT use or plan to use any other eye drops two (2) days prior to the first study visit and throughout the course of the study
- NOT use or plan to use topical, ocular, inhaled or systemic steroids within 14 days prior to the first study visit and throughout the course of the study
- NOT be pregnant, nursing/lactating, or planning to become pregnant
There may be reasons why you would not be eligible to participate, and we will discuss this with you.
If you are eligible for this study, you will receive study-related testing at no cost to you and you may receive compensation for your time. Patients who qualify will be compensated $25 per completed study visit (up to $75 total for study completion). Study medication is provided at no cost.
If you are interested in learning more about this research study, please contact us and we will be happy to talk with you in more detail to determine if you may qualify.
Minnesota Eye Consultants, P.A.
Phone: (612) 813-3608
Email: [email protected]